This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This current website policy was updated on 17.02.2015.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. SmartTech takes reasonable steps to ensure that no personal information is disclosed to other companies.
What data we collect
We may gather the following information:
- Contact email
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from SmartTech, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own records
- To improve products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you information about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- Seek your permission and to participate in a survey
Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by the law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. SmartTech reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information on a per request basis.
To improve your experience on our site, we may use ‘cookies’.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
This allows websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics page. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.smarttech.com.au domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
We will never share, lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
8 St. Jude Ct,
Browns Plains, QLD 4118
Email: [email protected]